What Gift is This #1
by Maredudd Cymysglyd ap
(©1994, Eric C. Smith)
- What gift is this I bring to thee! So rare
- A thing to bring a trembling heart to joy,
- To sooth the fierce and troubled soul, and dare
- To show that life is meant to but enjoy.
- What gift is this I give to thee! No ilk
- Of burning incense with its airs adrift,
- No ring of gold, nor gems, nor finest silk,
- Yet seeming made of common things, this gift.
- Like sunlight shining down upon the grass,
- Does bring to life the joy of hope sincere,
- And like the sun when eve'n comes to pass
- The gift eclipsed leaves memories of cheer.
- T'is laughter fills the spirit full of mirth
- And brings together heart and soul's rebirth.
I entered this sonnet in Winter Art/Sci in AS XXIX with
full documentation. In final
judging, this Sonnet won a Non-Pariel.
[ News |
Household | Gallery
| Links ]
This Site is Owned, Operated, and Maintained by Maredudd
(©1999, Eric C. Smith)