- A youth stood alone neeth a bright full moon,
- Believing in the words with no faith in the
- The words he understood brought no love of the
- Against his desires the song never came.
- The youth met a man who's way was to sing,
- A bard to the faithful with the truth he could
- The truth of the people and the truth of the
- The truth of the seasons across the land.
- The bard sang a song filled with love and
- A song out of histry bout his lord that was
- A song raised in anger and a song raised in
- A song of the bard and his bardic ways.
- He sang of a cry heard across the land,
- Of a banner raised up high to call forth the
- The clann armed with spear and the clann armed
- The clann of the bard with a song for his
- The bard took the field with the clann to
- That the deeds of his lord would live forever
- The deeds done in valour and the deeds done with
- The deeds done with courage against the tide.
- The bard was a youth and new to his art,
- The battle cry arose calling all to his part.
- The cry of his chieftan and the cry of the
- The cry of his friend as his life's blood ran
- With battlelines drawn, the clann faced their
- The Chieftan called the bard, a song to strike
- A blow to strike their heart and a blow to their
- A blow struck in verse like the songs of old.
- The bard took his place fore his clann's own
- Prepared to raise his voice wielding verse like a
- A voice filled with music but a soul stripped of
- A voice stilled with fear by the cries he had
- The battle was joined, men began to die,
- The words refused to come as sword and spear
raised high .
- The sword of the righteous and the spear of the
- Found no words of faith from this bardic
- The words of the song seemed to shift and
- As the tides of battle turned from side to
- The cries of his chieftan and the cries of his
- Sent shafts through his heart and his soul to
- Into the battle went his clanns lord bold,
- To the heart of the fight went the chieftan
- The chieftan of the clann and father of the
- The youth cried in pain as a spear took his
- Up from the depths came the words of his
- The music from his heart and his will to
- Calling for the wisdom and calling for the
- Calling for the words to hold back the fight.
- The notes of his song rose above the slain
- Filled the air with song full of anguish and of
- A song sung in darkness and a song sung in
- A song from the bard who sings with a tear.
- The lad stood his ground fore the coming tide
- Singing for the father who as chieftan had
- A chieftan often praised, a father now ever
- The tide of battle fell before the song.
- The bard fell silent as the youth stood in
- The song had brought him hope to brave the musics
- The call to sing of truth and the call to sing in
- The call of the song and the bardic ways.
- A youth stood alone 'neath a bright full
- Believing in the words with full faith in the
- The song had filled his heart with a bright
- Against all the odds the song finally came.